Saturday, January 21, 2012

Christmas: round 2

January 6-8
We celebrated Christmas with Jonathan's family a few weeks later in McCall.  We headed up on Friday evening and the kids were so excited when we got there, that Nana let them open a few presents early.  Kingston got a hand warmer, a pair of pajamas, and toy keys (with lots of cool functions).
Brylee and Zayden were big helpers.  They love their cousin and we all played and read stories before bedtime.
Saturday morning we found Aunt Emily in the kitchen with her two sous chefs making doughnuts.  They turned out delicious...although we had to sample quite a few before we were sure.  And Brylee and Zayden filled up on the dough, which was also delicious!

Then, it was on to Christmas.  We all gathered in the living room and started handing out gifts.  Kingston got lots of help from his cousins (they are experts at unwrapping presents).  And once again, he was spoiled.  Lots of fun toys and cute clothes.  He even got some BSU warmups from Aunt Emily and Uncle Zac.

 

We ended up taking down all the Christmas decorations down and putting away the bins.  Then we played a little bit of ping pong before church.  We came back and had baked potatoes and steaks on the grill.  It was the perfect meal before the big "Foosball/ping pong tournament".  Jonathan and I dominated the Foosball table and pulled out 2 wins in ping pong.  We were defeated by Rob and Monica on the ping pong.  We ended the night with an interesting game of Quelf.  There were a few pictures, but they were taking illegally so I won't post them.  But some highlights were....Rob and Emily's costumes from household items, Jonathan's mummy mask from toilet paper, Zac having to repeat everything that he said, Monica/Cam having to say some silly line after anyone laughed, Rob spending a good portion of the game in the bathroom because everyone was scared to rescue him, and I'm sure there are some I am forgetting.  I ended up winning, but I'm not sure how.
Sunday, we all got bundled up and went looking for some sledding hills. I was excited to finally put Kingston in his snow suit!

We had a great belated Christmas celebration and can't wait to get back up to the snow!

No comments: