To celebrate Joan's birthday we all packed up and headed to McCall. Jonathan, Kingston, and I spent some time on Friday at our place putting up Christmas decorations.
Friday, we enjoyed a roast and potatoes while everyone arrived and settled in. Brylee was a great help in entertaining Kingston. She even taught me the words to the songs on his travel swing. With her help, I was able to make candy with Joan, Monica, and Emily. And we made "Holiday Baileys", which is my most favorite drink this time of year. I think we went through 2 or 3 batches over the weekend.
Our bedtime routine is a bit different when we are out of town, but none-the-less daddy got in some special time with Kingston.
Saturday was a full day of candy making. We made two batches of caramels and this year we didn't bother with wrappings. They were delicious! Some fudge and party mix were also made throughout the day and Rob made some melt-in-your mouth spritz cookies.
There wasn't much snow so we just played around the house a little bit.
We had soup for dinner and angel food cake for celebrating Joan's big day. (I didn't get any pictures)
And some how, we always end up playing some silly game with Brylee....she is pretty hard to resist. This time she got us all to put on the police helmet and ride around on the Skut bike. It was pretty hilarious and I think there are some incriminating videos somewhere.
After that we played "Tip of the Tongue". It was fun to play and it seems you always knew the answer when it wasn't your turn. We also played some shuffle board.
Sunday, we just cleaned up, packed up, and headed home.
No comments:
Post a Comment