Saturday, July 28, 2012

Kingston's 1st Birthday

July 12-
When I planned Kingston's birthday, months ago, I had no idea we would be having record temperatures.  It reached 104 degrees on Tuesday, but we didn't let the heat get in the way of celebrating our favorite little boy's big birthday.  We had a great turnout and the kids loved playing in the water fountain.
It was of course "dog" themed after Kingston's favorite blue dog.
The frosting struggled in the heat and we lost a few cupcakes.  They were decorated very approprietly by my mom! Aren't they cute?
Grandpa was in charge of the water table.  I'm not sure who was having more fun?
We spent a lot of time in the fountain staying cool!
Above: Jonathan, Kingston, Brylee
Below: Alyssa, Molly, Emily, Kingston, Anna, Joy, Ellie, Wren, Greta, Jane, Lucy
When it was time, the kids were so excited to sing happy birthday to Kingston.  They put their party hats on and sang their hearts out.  Kingston loved it.

Zayden, Audrianna, Brylee, Colton, Addy, Jillian, Greta, Ellie, and Reese
I thought Kingston would dig into his cake, but he just tasted the frosting.
Kingston didn't need anything, but he got tons of gifts. He lost interest pretty early but I had plenty of other helpers.  He recieved some cute clothes, enough toys to fill a room, and some money to put into his college account.

Here are some pictures of everyone having fun: 
  Uncle Joel, Grandpa, and Grandma
Aunt Emily, Barb, Amy, and Aunt Lindsay    
Reese, Lane, and Rachel
Uncle Zac, Nick, Chris, and Jonathan
Alyssa, Molly, Kingston, and Anna
Jane, Greta, and Lucy 
Audrianna, Kelly, and Nick
Anna and Joy
Jace, Joy, Jillian,and Brian
Uncle Joel, Aunt Lindsay, and Duke 
Aunt Monica and Aunt Emily

No comments: