This was a big year for birthdays. Lindsay's 30th in February, my mom's 60th in June, my 30th, and Kingston's 1st in July. Lots of celebrating!
I was more focused on Kingston's birthday, but Jonathan did a great job of making my day special. I woke up to a bouquet of flowers, presents, and deflated balloons (the heat was a little too much for them!). I even got to open up my gifts before I left for work. Kingston got me an outdoor blanket so that we could play in the grass and Jonathan treated me to a new pair of jeans and a kid size picnic table that I had been eyeing at Costco. It was a perfect start to my day!
The girls at work spoiled me, too! The whole office was decorated in "happy birthday signs"! We had lots of treats (cupcakes, brownies, and scotcharoos), and my mom left my favorite monkey rolls for breakfast for all of us. Best of all, Larry (our physicist), took us out to lunch in this cute red convertible. We had the wind in our hair and had our favorite sweet pork salad for lunch.
After work, we picked up our sweet little boy and headed to the races! We had a great turnout and had so much fun. Lindsay and Joel bet on some winning horses for me. Those two know how to pick them! And we enjoyed lots of delicious cupcakes. We kept the party going at our house where Jonathan had old photographs of me around. It was such a great day! Thank you everyone for making it so special!
No comments:
Post a Comment