My little boy is getting so big! Here are some highlights...
Crawling is a thing of the past...he walks everywhere. And he is fun to chase around.
He is really good at throwing the ball and laughs so hard when he drops it behind his back.
He likes his "Thomas the Train" book with flaps. He opens and closes each flap and then does it again. There is one flap that he always pulls off no matter how many times I tape it. He must really like what is underneath!
He loves to climb and can get in the bath tub all by himself...it isn't graceful.
He understands simple instructions like "take it to daddy" or "get your ball."
He can put his megablocks together and loves to make things.
He loves to take lids off and on things. He can get the water bottle lid on and also his bottle lid.
He says "uh, oh" when he drops something.
He has an opinion! And he likes to chose his bedtime books. He will shake his head "no" if he doesn't like the book I'm reading.
He did his first sign language...."more" while he was eating.
He loves getting into my bathroom drawer and he always pulls out my little bottle of hairspray and carries it around. He will take the lid on and off that bottle 20 times. He also likes to bring me my makeup one at a time and if your not careful he will empty the cottonballs and Q-tips out.
He figured out how to turn on the fan and all the light switches.
He is silly!
He loves to go down the slide and will push himself down using the sides.
He also likes to climb back up the slide!
He thinks swinging is pretty fun, too!
He still mainly says "da da" but when he is sad he says "mama"
His favorite word is "doggies" and when I bring him downstairs in the morning I ask him "Who is waiting?" and he looks at the bottom of the stairs and says "doggies" with a big smile on his face. He also gives both Barney and Tucker a good morning pat on the back.
Grandma taught him to say "clocks" because she has lots of clocks and he loves to hear them chime.
His hair is really starting to come in. It's pretty long in the back and curls. The top is coming in slower, but not quite a "skullet" anymore.
After a big drink of water he says "ahhh"!
Even though he never held his bottle, he is really good at drinking out of a sippy cup by himself and he loves to drink out of a straw. When it is empty, he will hold it up to the fridge by the water dispenser. (so smart).
He loves watermelon and cantaloupe. Lately he hasn't been eating much for dinner, but he eats a good lunch and dinner.
He is very inquisitive and likes to figure things out. He can buckle part of his carseat.
He is very helpful. He will put his arms in/out of his shirt sleeves and pulls his shirt over his head. When I bring out his shoes, he will lift up his feet to put them on. Also, he does that with his socks and when we take his socks off, he thinks it is the funniest thing ever.
He can get on his bike by himself and likes to ring the bell.
He doesn't like to be told "NO" and will sit down and throw himself backward into a tantrum. Sharing is also a little bit tricky!
He points at things that he wants. We are having a little bit of communication problems since I don't always know what he wants, but we are learning as we go.He loves when I sing him "Wheels on the Bus" or "Itsy Bitsy Spider". We generally sing them when I change his diaper and I do all the motions with his legs. When I'm done, he puts his feet out and says "uh" so that I will do it again.
He finished swim lessons and can blow bubbles, kick his feet, pick up toys on the steps, and wall crawl. With help from mom he can back float and front float.
We just love this little guy!

No comments:
Post a Comment