Tuesday, February 5, 2013

He is a genius...

...sometimes I have to remind myself to just ask or tell Kingston what I want.  Even though he can't tell me everything, he still understands what I'm saying.  When we get home I ask him if he wants to take his jacket and shoes off and he will unzip his jacket and try to get his arms out of his sleeves.  He can velcro and un-velcro his shoes.  He will even go into the bathroom when I ask him to brush his teeth.
...he tells me "poo" and gets his wipes, diaper, and blanket.  He then lays down the blanket and lies on top of  it waiting for me to change his diaper.  The other day I picked him up at daycare and he came over to me and pointed to his diaper and said "poopy." I thought he meant he pooped earlier, but nope he had another one waiting for me.
...he can get the shapes in the shape sorter.  He has a blender with a circle, heart, star, triangle, and square and he can get them all in the correct cutouts.  He looks at his shape and then looks at the blender to find the right one.  He used to just try them all, but now he generally gets it on the first try.
...he can tell his books apart.  We read the same 5 or 6 books over and over again at bedtime, so they are pretty well memorized.  I started reading a book from memory that wasn't the book that I had open and Kingston closed my book, looked through the pile, and found the one that I was saying.  I did it with all of his books and he got them all right.  I was so proud of my little guy.

...he can put puzzles together. He really likes to do his name puzzle and can get most of it by himself.  He also has a farm puzzle that he is pretty good at.
...he likes to be helpful and is always willing to throw something away for me.  Even somewhere he has never been, he figures out where the garbage is (he usually lucks out because they are under the sink).
...we never taught him, but he can turn on the TV, turn on the DVD player, and push play.  He even knows that if his show doesn't come on then he needs to press more buttons (we have to change the input, but he doesn't know how to do that yet).
...he doesn't say no very often, but he will just shake his head no if he doesn't want something.
...he can stack lots of blocks and build towers.  He used his entire bag of mega blocks to build one tower.  It wasn't stable, but he still did it.
...he plays pretend.  I love watching him play in his kitchen and cook things and eat them. He slurps with his spoon and fills up his cups.  I was playing with him and I filled our cups with milk.  He just kind of laughed at me and took the milk from my hands.  He then proceeded to "take the lid off", which I had not done, and re poured us each a glass of milk.  I couldn't believe that he noticed that little detail.
...when we color, he has started to put the lids on the bottom of the markers while he is using them and then puts the lids back on when he is done.
...he tries really hard to get you to understand.  I was on my knees as he was leading me and I could tell he wanted me to stand up on my feet by his disapproving look. I asked him what he wanted and he grabbed my other hand and lifted them up as if to try to lift me on to my feet.  I pretended I didn't understand and he grabbed my legs and tried to pull them up.  His final attempt was crouching down and then standing; he was showing me what I was doing and then what he wanted me to do.  Of course after all those efforts, I had to stand up and go along with it.
...he can help with laundry.  I still have to put the clothes from the washer into the dryer, but he can open the dryer drawer and pull out a dryer sheet and toss it in.  Then he has to test the light and push the button a few times before he closes the door. He tells me "up" and I lift him up to the controls.  He turns the dryer on, I show him where to set the heat, and then he turns the cycle on.  He finishes up by turning out the light.  I can't wait till he can do it all on his own!!
...we were sitting at his table playing with moon dough and out of nowhere Kingston said "hot".  I asked him what was hot and he just repeated "hot."  It took me a second, but then I realized he was sitting over the vent, which was blowing hot air. 

No comments: