Saturday, May 20, 2017

Being Mom

May 14-
I cannot even begin to imagine my life without my two most precious kids.  I'm sure I would be way more organized, in shape, and make more for dinner than quesadillas and chicken nuggets.  But then I wouldn't have bruises on my feet from stepping on transformers and legos, or smudges on my glasses from someone helping me put them on, or a giant Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle lair taking up half my living room, or bandages on things that don't hurt from my imaginative little doctors, or dried play dough forever crusted into my rugs, or that stain under the ottoman that no one knows where it came from, or be able to use my super awesome voices when reading stories at night, or shower by myself, or anything by myself for that matter, or know what it was like to love two little beings so very very much.  They are truly my everything!
These are the pictures that Kingston did in school in honor of Mother's Day.   My heart melts just reading them (although we still aren't sure on why Julienna is still in my belly in the one picture).
Julienna wanted me to draw some things for her and then she said "for mom. picture". So, that was her picture for me.  Kingston has such a big heart and memory (too good at times).  The day after mother's day, it really hit him and he wanted to do all this secretive stuff.  He made me another card and talked with Jonathan on what to buy me.  He wanted a purple flower because i love purple and flowers are so pretty.  And he wanted me to have a zucchini plant so grandma wouldn't have to give me all of her zucchini (ha, ha...if he only knew I was doing grandma the favor)!  But I love that he thought of it all on his own and for once it was all about me (contrary to Kingston's belief, Transformers are not my favorite!)  Luckiest mom ever!  And, I have the most amazing mom myself who has set the best example of being a great mom!  I appreciate her so much and even as an adult I still need my mom.  I love sharing my accomplishments with her and also lean on her in tough time.  I am so proud to call her my mom (I have so many people comment on how amazing my mom is and I just say "I know!")  Kingston and I read a cute book and now we have a little saying.  "I am yours and you are mine!"  I love it and it totally sums up being a mom and having a mom (and it couldn't be cuter when he says it)

No comments: