July 31-
Last day of the third round of chemo! We got the PET results back and it showed a decrease in the soft tissue metastasis from the scan in early June. The liver was the biggest change, but also the lymph nodes were improved and the area under the scar, so that was nice to hear. The boney mets, however, showed an increase in size, but since they aren't causing any discomfort we can just kind of wait on those. The main areas of concern were the scapula, spine, and hip. When they start to cause dad pain, we can re visit radiation, but for now we will just continue with the chemo regimen. One more round after this, followed by another PET scan, and then we start immunotherapy.
My work girls are so great and always cover for me to go to the appointments and then I can pop in and visit between patients while dad is getting his infusion. I hate the situation we are in, but I do feel very lucky to be a part of it all and to be so available.
No comments:
Post a Comment