Jonathan is great at surprises....and I am horrible with surprises. Jonathan is aware of this and has learned to wait until the last minute to tell me things. We were going to be busy for Valentine's Day so he had pre-arranged a fun night. All I knew is that we had plans at 8:00 on Tuesday.
Sure enough it was 8:10 and we were still driving. I panicked because we were late, but Jonathan came clean and told me that our actual reservation was at 8:45. He didn't want to tell me because he knew that I would think it was too late to go out...and he was right (he knows me too well). I had no idea where we were going until we were standing in front of the restaurant and even then I didn't know what I was in for.
When we walked in the doors, I saw a few familiar faces...
That's when I knew something was up. Well, Jonathan had talked to all the guys and they all surprised us with dinner at Mystique. It was a new restaurant with a 7 course meal and a magic show. It was so much fun. We had dinner in a room decorated like an old mansion complete with flickering chandeliers and creepy music. The table was huge and fit all of us (actually we were the only ones there because Jonathan had talked them into doing a special showing for us).
Then, the lights went out and it was pitch dark for a few seconds. When the lights came back on, there was our magician. It was like he appeared out of air. He performed slight-of-hand magic and he was very entertaining. I had a close up seat and I could never tell how he did the tricks (and believe me, I tried to look everytime). There were card tricks, rope magic, handkerchiefs, and the solid rings trick. My favorite was when he had 4 people draw a picture and then guessed who drew what. The last picture he actually copied before revealing it and it was so amazing. It was such a wonderful night and a great surprise. Just leave it to Jonathan and he always exceeds my greatest expectations.
Thanks Jonathan for a great Valentine's Day!!! You are the greatest!!
No comments:
Post a Comment