Jonathan and I packed up the truck and the trailer with more stuff for the cabin. I think it took a few days to get it all packed in and then securing the tarps was a whole nother project!! Jonathan is really good at visualizing how everything will fit and making it all fit...he must have played Tetris a lot as a kid. And of course we had to squeeze the boys in too!
We got up Thursday evening and we got right to work. I couldn't believe how much stuff we had brought up and now we had to find a place for it all! It is looking so good.
My very crafty husband, covered up the hole from the fireplace that the prior owners had taken. He just got some boards and before I knew it, he had fixed the giant eyesoar.
I got to work organizing and arranging the bedrooms. I put together the twin beds and Jonathan helped figure the best configuration for everything. I washed the bedding and made the beds and moved on to the next task.
Jonathan hung a mirror at the bottom of the stairs...looks so good.
The downstairs bedroom needed a lot of work. The painting leaves a lot to be desired (I'm pretty sure that there are 2 different colors) and the electrical panels were pretty tacky. I get to take credit for the curtains and the bedding, but Jonathan is responsible for the ingenious ideas. He found another mirror (yes, there are a ton of mirrors and they were only $10!) and fashioned a board on the back so that it is easy to take on and off and it covers the electrical panels!!! It looks so fancy. Then he hung up a few wall hanging and brought in his old desk and a coffee table and it was a whole new room!! He even managed to tie a bunch of curly sticks together for an amazing wall piece. (sorry, no pic)
No comments:
Post a Comment