We had to get out of the 100 degree weather for a few days. It wasn't too much cooler, but at least it cools off during the night. We got up to the cabin on Friday night and just unpacked and got settled. Kingston got to take a bath in the big jetted tub. He loved it because he had lots of room to play with his toys.
Saturday morning Kingston got up a little too early...6 am! We were still tired since Jonathan had a bear siting the night before. He stayed up relaxing on the back porch and heard some noises. He could hear the bark being ripped off the trees and eventually saw a black bear trying to scale our fence. He shined our big spotlight onto him and they both just stared at eachother until the bear finally back down. Jonathan couldn't contain his excitement so he came and woke me up (it was after midnight). I tried to look where he was instructing me, but I couldn't see anything and gave up to go back to sleep.
So, Kingston and I had breakfast and played while Jonathan caught a few more zzz's. It seems the mornings are kind of our special time together. When he went down for his nap, I decided to follow suit. It was just before noon by the time we were up and ready to go for the day.
We made another trip to the beach after Kingston's afternoon nap. This time we went to Rotary Beach. It took a few minutes for him to warm up to the water, but then he was ready! The water was a little cooler than I would have liked, but it was still fun. We had a picnic dinner on the beach before heading home. Kingston was exhausted and we managed to get home, change him out of his wet clothes, and get his PJ's on without waking him up.
Jonathan and I enjoyed a nice salmon dinner with potatoes and squash. We watched for bears for a little bit, but no more sightings.
Sunday, we cleaned up and packed up. We stopped at Banks on the way home to join Kacie's rafting BBQ. Kingston managed to eat 4 big pieces of cantaloupe down to the rind, chips, a burger, and a cookie. We dipped our feet in the water and it felt so nice...it was hot. There were a few other kids there and Kingston loved to watch them and giggle.


1 comment:
he is so cute buddy. I love the picture of you in the black top holding him. he looks so sincere and in love with his mommy
Post a Comment