We ended up with a 4 day weekend retreat at the cabin. It took quite awhile to pack everything up, but we finally made it up there. Kingston was a good little trooper while we packed!
Thursday we slept in since we got in so late. Then, Kingston and I enjoyed the cool morning on the patio. He helped me put together a fan to keep the mosquitoes away and then he played trucks while the dogs laid in the sunshine.
We somehow managed to waste away the day doing nothing in particular. I'm sure Jonathan was working on some project and I cleaned something and Kingston played in his sandbox.
Kingston did enjoy a mid-day bubble bath. Once you turn on the jets, the bubbles really get going! We almost overflowed out of the tub!
We finished off the night with a campfire and smores. Kingston's marshmallow was a little bit questionable...I think it hit the ground quite a few times and he wasn't patient enough to let it melt. But he much preferred the chocolate and graham crackers anyway!
Friday, my parents came by to visit and after a little sandbox fun, they helped us start our gazebo project. We didn't finish, but we did get a good start.
Kingston and Jonathan also made some cupcakes to celebrate my birthday the next day.
Kingston and I watched a movie, while Jonathan finished up and then we headed to town to see what was going on. Our first stop was Grandpa Dan's house. Kingston headed straight for the race cars and raced them all around the back deck. He also enjoyed some strawberries right off the vine! Then we headed over to Kaili's house and Kingston got to run up and down the street with all the kids. It was fun to watch him! As it started to get dark we met up with Jonathan's family at the Shore Lodge docks to watch the fireworks. They got there early and had a good spot. I thought Kingston would be more impressed with the fireworks, but after the first few he kind of lost interest.
Saturday, we did some organizing and then packed up the RZR and headed to the river. On the way, we saw 3 big buck crossing the river. It was a perfect day and the water was warm. Jonathan tried fishing, but didn't catch any. I tried to catch some baby fish with a bucket, but I wasn't very successful. Kingston just enjoyed playing with his buckets and rocks in the water. He did try some fishing with daddy and they managed to catch some seaweed.
When we got back to the cabin, Jonathan's family was already there with dinner started. It was a nice early-birthday treat! We enjoyed cake and presents and a rousing game of "Farkle". I think Cam came out the winner...he had quite a few lucky rolls! Zayden and Kingston had fun playing kitchen and bringing us food.
Sunday was my real birthday, but not very exciting.
Kingston got to go with everyone to Ponderosa Park for a picnic while Jonathan and I stayed behind to tidy up the cabin and pack up. He had lots of fun and even got to ride home with Papa in the RZR.
It was such a great weekend and went by way to fast (even with the extra days)! It was looking so good when we left!Kingston got to go with everyone to Ponderosa Park for a picnic while Jonathan and I stayed behind to tidy up the cabin and pack up. He had lots of fun and even got to ride home with Papa in the RZR.












No comments:
Post a Comment