Saturday, July 26, 2014

Kingston's Birthday Party

July 11-
Kingston had a great "construction party!"  The weather was nice, it was overcast so not too hot and there was a breeze. It was nice to not have it be 100 degrees!
He had a great turn out and lots of friends came to celebrate with him!
 
He was so proud to show off the cake that he and daddy had made and he just lit up when everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to him. He blew out the candles on the first blow and then was eager to "dig" into his cake.  I didn't think anyone would want the cake, but the kids were just as excited to grab a spoon and eat their hearts out.
 
 
The cake was pretty much demolished by the time the boys were done with it!
It was hard to compete with a cake like that, but I didn't think my "construction cakes" turned out too bad...
The pinata (or as Kingston calls it the "compata") was a big success.  Jonathan thought I should have gotten one with a bat, but I opted for the safer route with the pull strings...maybe next year!
And of course, Kingston was spoiled with presents!  He loved them all, even the ones with clothes!  One of the favorites was a playdough dump truck (although the first time he got it out, he mixed together ALL of the colors, much to Jonathan's dismay!) Jonathan's favorite gift was a Denver Bronco swim trunk and rash guard set from Aunt Linda.  I think he was a little jealous he didn't get a matching one (watch future posts for pictures)!  We are so grateful to have friends and family that love our little guy so much!
Happy Birthday Kingston!

No comments: