Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Earthquake

April 1-
Well, it was definitely an April Fool's day to remember. Kingston and I had just gotten on to the computer and were skyping with his teacher, getting caught up with everything with the school closures and on-line learning.  I felt things start to sway and started to look around, I glanced at the computer and could see his teacher look around, too.  Kingston said, "this is an earthquake!!" and dove under the desk.  It took me a few seconds to believe him, but then I huddled under with him.  So glad they teach those earthquake drills in school!!  I could hear the ting ting sound of glass rattling downstairs.  It only lasted a minute or so and then we checked on things.  Julienna had one picture frame fall down and one lego girl fell off the desk, but otherwise there was no sign of the great quake!  Jonathan was finishing a call in his truck in the driveway and thought we were jumping on the back of his truck.  Julienna was riding her scooter and didn't notice a thing.
It was pretty surreal, and measured 6.5.

No comments: