Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The Spelling Bee

January 10-
Big learning opportunity for me....never bet against your kid!! 
There was a spelling bee at school and Kingston had his words for over a month. We would do a few every once in awhile but we didn't give it too much thought. I even told Kingston it was up to him, spelling bees are for fun so if he doesn't care than I don't care.  He wanted to do it and he wanted to go through the entire word list, but this new found interest came 2 days before the "Bee".  He asked me if he got first or second place if I would buy him a $30 lego set. I said, very confidently, if you place first, second, or third I will indeed!  (but, keep in mind, he didn't get even half the words right and we only made it through the list once).  It was one day of practicing, he wrote some words, said some words, and just glanced at some. 
Well, guess who came home in second place?!  Yeah, Kingston sure made a fool out of me!!!  So, off to the lego store we went and instead of just getting a $30 set, he decided to use his Christmas money, a trade in, and a gift card to get a really awesome set.  And, Julienna also used so Christmas money and a trade in to get herself a few new sets.  So, that was one big day at the lego store!! And of course he told his whole class so I had to come clean to the teacher that this wasn't something we normally did and there were extenuating circumstances behind this particular giant lego set!!!

No comments: