Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Vacation!!

We got to have a double Christmas again this year. It started on Thursday when Jonathan and I drove up to McCall after work. We decorated the mantel and put an armoire in the living room to hide the TV. Then my parents came over and we had dinner before heading to Christmas Eve Service. Dinner was a little bit different this year since we don't have a dinning room table, but the camp chairs worked just fine!

We woke up Friday, and it was so beautiful with the snow. This is the view out of our living room window.

I took the boys for a walk while Jonathan finished up some projects. Tucker loved his new boots and they kept his feet protected.

Around noon, we headed to my brother's cabin to spend Christmas with my family. My mom, dad, Sami, and Toby were waiting for us when we pulled up.
We played in the snow with all the dogs for a while. It was a beautiful sunny day!!
Mom and dad had gotten a tree before we got there, so I pulled out the lights and tinsel and decorated the tree. It was fun to look through the old "cabin ornaments". We always decorated the tree at the cabin with apples and wooden ornaments that my mom had painted. Mom had tons of snacks and even made me a hot chocolate with peppermint shnapps.
Joel and Lindsay finally got there with Duke and Tucker was so excited to have someone to play with. They ran all around the cabin chasing eachother.
We opened presents and had a wonderful Christmas dinner. Prime rib, shrimp, mashed potatoes, salad, rolls, and a peppermint dessert. Then we played a bunch of games. I beat Jonathan at Yahtzee Free For All. He had rolled a yahtzee in ones and on my last turn, I rolled one in twos and won the game!!!

Saturday morning we headed to Hailey. The roads were clear and we saw a bunch of deer and even some elk.
I of course took a nap!!
Dinner was waiting for us when we got to the ranch. Brylee was so excited to see Uncle Jon-Jon. We had a turkey dinner and then got to open presents. Somehow, I misplaced one of Jonathan's presents and we are still looking for his X-box game. Oh, well....he got plenty of other presents.
It was fun to watch Brylee open all of her presents. And what a great big sister...she "tried out" all of her brother, Zayden's, presents too. I think the hit of the weekend was a blender and a band set with maracas!! Jonathan definitely got his fill of the band!
Brylee also invented a game of cowboy hats. Jonathan didn't exactly love this game either, and kept telling Monica "Tell her we are done with this game!!" Everyone else was a good sport and I didn't even have a hat, I had a bowl. Yet for some reason she is always so excited for Uncle Jon-Jon.
Sunday morning we woke up to cinnamon rolls and then headed to church. We were a little late and the only seats left were in the front row. Monica, Rob, and Joan were smart enough to go downstairs but the rest of us aimlessly followed Cam to the very front. We were all on our best behavior!!
Afterwards, we headed to Galena Lodge to cross country ski. The dogs loved running around in the snow.
I fell quite a few times, but mostly due to Tucker and Barney running beside me and then jumping across the fronts of my skis. But, they were always there to help me up!
I'm not sure what Jonathan's excuse was!!
Sunday night ended with more good food and games.
Monday morning we woke up to eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon. Jonathan loved eating real bacon (I always buy turkey bacon). We had a relaxing morning and I got to play with Brylee and Zayden while everyone else packed up!!
Thanks everyone for a wonderful Christmas!!

No comments: