Sunday, January 10, 2010

Laundry!!

Jonathan, me, and the boys all headed up to the cabin this weekend. We wanted to finish up some loose ends because next weekend we have some friends coming up.
Friday, we didn't get much done. Barney had thrown up on the way and that was a mess. We had to get rid of two of the beds and Jonathan needs to run through a car wash!!! Then, we had to take a ladder over to my brother's place to change a battery in a smoke detector for the renters. After that, we met Dan for a late dinner and lots of good "when Jonathan was little" stories!! There was just enough time when we got home for me to fall asleep to a movie.
Saturday, Joan and Cam came to visit. We drove around town with them for a bit and then Jonathan dropped me off while they all went snowshoeing. They had a good time and I got some things organized at the cabin. I set up a spare bed and hung some curtains in the new tan room. It actually looks really nice. The boys and I played outside and Joan and I snowshoed some trails for the boys in the backyard. Jonathan and Cam got the washer and dryer hooked up. I know it is silly, but I was so excited. No more bringing towels and sheets back and forth!!! Yeah!!! Jonathan got the hardware put up in the bathrooms and we hung the closet and bedroom doors. Joan had a great crockpot meal for us for dinner!!! They are pretty easy guests when they bring such great food and help with all the projects!! Then we all sat in the living room and talked the night away.
Sunday morning we all went to church together and then came back and made breakfast. Joan and Cam went skiing and then headed home. Jonathan touched up a bunch of paint in the bathroom, hallway, and bedroom. There are about 4 different colors of tan in that house!!! It was quite a project matching the cans up. And what did I do? Laundry!!! I did 2 loads and re-made the beds and hung up the towels....and I was excited about it. I also hooked up Jonathan's iPod stereo and a weather station before we headed back to Eagle.
It was a fun weekend...we love having company up there. And the weather was nice...in the twenties.

No comments: