Saturday, January 30, 2010

The perfect table

So, we had the opportunity to rent out our cabin for a week in February. We were all for it...except we didn't have a dinning room table....only the camp chairs and banquet table. We figured we would use some of the rent money for a table. Sounds easy enough...but tables are expensive. We thought we had really lucked out and found a table and 4 chairs for $199 at World Market. We wanted 6 chairs so we were just going to get two more when we got there. Apparently, they were selling like hot cakes so we put it all on hold and on Saturday, we drove out to the Nampa store to pick up our items. Now, we hadn't actually seen the table in person, only in the ad...but we were sure it would be perfect. Fast forward to us at the store looking at the table. It was way to small and barely fit 4 chairs let alone 6. Every other table we looked at was too expensive and then adding 6 chairs to the deal didn't help any. Have you ever gone chair shopping...they are almost $100 apiece!!
We spent two days power shopping for a table. On a side-note, Jonathan is a much better shopper than me. I tire out pretty easily and he had to drag me through several stores. It was good practice for him for when we have kids!! I had given up, but Jonathan persevered and searched all over the Internet. Then he found it.....our perfect table. It was on Craigslist for a steal of a deal. It was only 3 years old and a light pine color...perfect for a cabin....and it had 6 chairs!!! Jonathan drove out to Kuna that night and picked it up (I had dinner with my parents...see what a great shopper he is). Joan and Cam were heading to McCall this weekend so they took the table to it's new home. I am so excited to see it!! Cam sent me this sneak preview picture and I think it looks awesome. Thanks for polishing it up Joan!!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Love the table! Can't wait til I have a weekend free and can eat at it!!

deatherages said...

buddy it is the perfect table!! Totally worth all the hard work! Good hunting jonathon