So, what would you do with 2 big fallen aspen trees? If your Jonathan, you would just whip out some aspen steps and walkway. And lucky for me, I have Jonathan!!! He started by cutting off the branches. I got the fun job of collecting them all and throwing them in a pile.


I did get some "mulching" help from Tucker!!
Then, he cut the trunk into sections for the border of the steps...

Looks good!

Moving on to the pieces for the steps...

I continued with the weed fabric and rocks

Tucker worked himself into a nap!!

They were coming together so nicely. Jonathan makes this look so easy, but it was actually hard work!

And as if the steps weren't enough, he decided to just "throw" together a retaining wall.

The first step is in place!!!

Barney was great moral support
Step number two is in place!! How amazing does it look?! Barney seems to approve!
There they are!! The look even better in person!! Great job Jonathan, you are so great at making lemonade out of lemons....if only you were that great at relaxing!!
2 comments:
Very Fancy
Very Fancy
Post a Comment