Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 5...steps and stones

This is the project that I've been waiting for. Jonathan had carved out some stairs in the front and I have been so excited to see what he planned for them next. He bought some rock off of Craigslist and it was time to put it to use. First, we made a trip to get some sand. It was fun to drive up on the big scale.
Then, Jonathan had to perfect the steps....he is a perfectionist!!!

I put down the weed barrier and started shoveling out the sand. It was a lot of work, but it was fun to see it start to come together.

Jonathan smoothed out the sand to make a base for the rock.

By now, Emily, Zac, and Billy had arrived at the cabin. Now that we had guests, I was ready to be done working, but Jonathan kept me going. He gave me a bucket of concrete, a little shovel, and a paint brush. My job was to be an "archaeologist" and put concrete between the rocks and then sweep the excess off the rocks.

He does great work!!

The finished project!!! It was definitely worth the wait!! Great job Jonathan!!

1 comment:

deatherages said...

Buddy! I can't wait to see everything in person! You better slow Jonathon down.. he is going to run out of projects :) It looks amazing!