Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Two down, One to go

September 14-
27 weeks marks the start of my third trimester!  Kinda scary to think I only have 13 weeks left. Things have been going really good.  Not feeling quite as tired, but starting to get a little uncomfortable at times.  I can't quite bend over and I feel like I'm starting to get a little waddle when I walk.  I've gained about 8 lbs, but I'm measuring right on track and baby girl is doing great with a nice strong heart rate.
She is quite the mover, especially at night.  I'm not quite sure how she is situated right now, but is mainly on the lower left/middle of my abdomen (I remember Kingston's movements were higher).  But as soon as I stop moving, she starts!
Kingston is getting really cute and knows all about the baby in mommy's tummy.  His favorite part is feeling her kick....he lights up every time he feels her.  And, he will talk to her/my belly.  It's the cutest thing.  I know he won't be quite as excited once she is hear and taking up all my time, but for now, I'm just embracing the fact that he is excited for his little sister.
A few stories that I don't want to forget...
I was pulling Kingston in the wagon and I asked him if his baby sister could ride in the wagon with him.  His reply was "no", but before I could say anything, he continued with, "she will sit on my lap and I will hold her."  It was so sweet and then he asked me if he should hold her with his legs bent or stretched out.  The things that go through his head!
I've started my Christmas shopping early this year, since I will be out of commission sometime in December.  Kingston was upstairs with me when I was sorting out some things and he caught a glimpse of  a pink toy.  He asked about it and I told him that it was for Nora's Christmas present.  He got really sad and I thought it was because he wanted it but when I asked him what was wrong, he said "but what about my baby sister?"  I thought it was so sweet that he was worried about his sister not having it.  Sometimes he really surprises me with his empathetic responses.
We were driving in the car and Kingston and I were just chatting.  I asked him "What if your baby sister isn't as awesome as you?  Will we give her back?"  His reply: "No, she is ours forever."  Sweet boy...hope he doesn't forget that!
We are making some progress in the nursery. Mainly just cleaning out closets and organizing the garage to make room.  But we did pick out a bed set and I'm really excited to start decorating now, although Kingston isn't quite ready to give up his crib yet.  And Jonathan is going to paint another canvas for the baby!  I'm excited to see what he comes up with.
 23 weeks                                                                        24 weeks
26 weeks                                                                              27 weeks

No comments: