Sunday, July 26, 2009

Packed Weekend

We stayed pretty busy this weekend. Friday night, Nick, Audrianna, and Kelly came over to work on Jonathan's computer. Nick and Kelly had a soccer game so Audrianna stayed with us. We had a lot of fun watching Sponge Bob and playing "pet-shop". We each had our own animals that we had to feed, walk, and put to bed. We had cheese sandwiches for dinner and cupcakes for dessert (still left over from the party).
Saturday morning, Jonathan and I packed up the boys and headed to Donnelly. Jonathan and dad went golfing at Tamarack, since it had just re-opened. Mom and I took the pack out for a walk. We let mom lead and she took us through some pretty sketchy parts (we both have scratches on our legs to prove it), but she did find us a nice little beach where the boys could go swimming. Barney fetched a few sticks and Tucker would steal them as soon as Barney got to where we could touch. Chief just liked to lay in the water to get wet. Sami was chasing the waves and running up and down the beach. Toby almost got his toenails wet, but did find a fish head!! After our long walk (1 1/2 hours) we figured we had worn the dogs out enough so we headed back to the cabin. Mom and I had a drink, while the dogs sprawled out on the floor. Mom made us a snack plate while we waited for the guys.
Once they got back, we loaded in the boat and went for a ride (no dogs this time). Jonathan drove us around the lake and we looked at all sorts of fancy houses before heading back to the cabin. Mom made us a great dinner and then we drove back home.

Sunday, Jonathan and I met Nick, Kelly, Audrianna, Gary, and Tyler at Lucky Peak. It was a perfect day and the lake wasn't very busy. We had so much fun!!! Jonathan and I tried "surfing" for the first time. I struggled a little getting up and my form is not that great, but I got it (Jonathan was a natural of course). By the end of the day, I had a little too much sun and not quite enough sunscreen. Let's just say it looks like I'm wearing my swimsuit, even when I'm not. My back has some interesting lines on where I could and couldn't reach with the sunscreen. Lesson learned!!!

No comments: