We didn't have any definite plans for the fourth this year so we decided to spend it in McCall and get out of the heat. We went up first thing Saturday morning and had a pretty drive. We stopped in Donnelly to see my parents and say "hi" before continuing on to McCall.
Jonathan got a hold of some friends and spent the day fishing (they caught a machina!), which worked out perfect for me and the boyz because we spent the day with our feet up. I opened an early b-day present from Jonathan and it was the book "Heaven is for Real." I ended up reading half of it that day.
After that we stopped and said "hi" to the Perseos and saw the girls and their babies. Then we headed back to the lake for some more fishing until dark. It was a quite night on the lake and there weren't too many boats out. We didn't catch anything, but it didn't seem like anyone was really trying very hard.
We finished the night with smores on the beach.
Sunday, Jonathan was in a golf tournament with my parents. They played at Jug Mountain and ended up coming in second place. Again, the boyz and I enjoyed a quite day of reading (I finished my book), napping, and relaxing.
That evening, we went over to some friends of the family for a BBQ. We had some really good food and some great ribs. Jonathan won a putter for having the longest putt in the tournament!! Then we just relaxed by the beach.
We didn't have any evening plans, but we heard that Legacy Park had some things going on so we went there to check things out. Apparently, we were too late and everything was closed down. Jonathan called some friends and went to the bars and I headed home to put my pajamas on.
Monday was a quite day. We packed up our stuff and Jonathan organized the mud room for Joan and Cam. He did a great job finding a place for everything! I brushed, and brushed, and brushed, and brushed Barney. He has so much hair! Chief and Tucker were done in minutes but Barney's hair just kept coming. We finally took off around 5:00 to head back home.



No comments:
Post a Comment