June 29-
(35 weeks and 36 weeks)
Only 1 month to go...hopefully (the doctor keeps warning me that first babies are typically 5 days late). So I guess it is more of a waiting game from here on out.
I feel very fortunate now, that summer took so long to get here. I have been struggling with the heat and trying to keep my feet from swelling (yes, I did get cankles!). I drink lots of water but in turn that means lots of trips to the bathroom. I'm back to taking a nap after work on most days. The boyz don't get quite as many walks now that I've been keeping my feet up in the evenings, but we still get a few in during the week.
I've also had a little bit harder time sleeping lately I'm not sure if its because I'm too hot, have to pee, or just can't get comfortable...probably a combination of all three. But other than that, things are still going really good.
At our doctor's appointment we got to hear the heartbeat again and it sounds so strong and healthy. I gained 5 lbs (which I'm sure is all in my ankles!) which brings my total weight gain to 22 lbs. Dr. West showed us that Kingston's head is down, his bottom is on my upper right (just under my rib cage), and his feet and knees are to the left of my belly button. I got to feel it all and it is nice o know what part is where when he is pushing. He is still just as active as ever and strong.
Joy gave me a quick peek, but he's so big (6 lbs) and squished that it is hard to see much. We watched him swallow lots of amniotic fluid and then he got the hiccups for awhile.
My cervix is 70% effaced and 1 cm dilated. I know that I could stay that way for weeks, but its exciting to know that we are making progress towards the big day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment