Monday, January 28, 2013

Kingston 18 months

January 12-
I just wanted to jot down all of things that Kingston is doing now (although, he is doing new things everyday and it is hard to keep track of them all!).  He is a very busy boy and is always keeping me on my toes.  I just can't imaging life without him..he is such a smart, inquisitive, sweet, stubborn, boy.
And he is all boy!  He loves cars and driving the around the kitchen and down the stairs.  He chooses to go over instead of around and he runs instead of walks. He flushes the toilet on you before your ready!  He loves to wrestle but he also loves to pet the dogs before he goes to bed.  He thinks every toy is meant to be ridden on!  He is a busy little boy, but he has such a fun personality and is so eager to learn.  I am always amazed at the things that he learns without being taught.
 He is generally very happy, but he knows how to throw himself on the floor kicking and crying when things don't go his way.  He just started coming and getting us and "leading" us to play with him.  He comes and grabs your hands or walks behind and pushes your legs in the direction he wants you to go.  I was on the computer and Jonathan was playing with him, but he wanted me and whenever he noticed I wasn't playing he would wrap both arms around my legs and get a sad look on his face.  So then of course I would sit next to him and play, but just in case, he would sit on my lap so that I couldn't get away.  He is getting so good at communicating with us.  It makes it so much easier to know what he wants; although, he doesn't always get it! (How sad is that face?)
And his laughter is so pure and genuine.  It doesn't matter how many times we hide in the same spot or do the same trick, it is just as funny the 5th time as it was the 1st time.  And it's usually even more funny because he knows what to expect.
He loves a routine.  I think it's because he knows what is next and he is in control.  But we have the same bedtime routine and morning routine and I think he could do it without me.  Although, I try not to read to him too long, I just can't resist when he says "gin" after a story so I usually give in.
He can eat with a fork and somewhat drink from a cup.  He still prefers a straw, especially one of the curly ones (they always make drinking more fun).
He wants to be part of the action and help out.  He is always up for dumping out a laundry basket and sorting the clothes. I have yet to figure out his system so I usually have to redo it into the traditional "lights" and "darks". And he even helps me pack my lunch and make cookies. I didn't even have to teach him the best part about baking is licking the spoon..he figured it out all on his own!
 
We sure do love this little guy! 






No comments: