Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year's Day

January 1-
I love the days that Kingston and I get to spend together.  We had been going non-stop for a few weeks so it was nice to just relax and enjoy the day together.  We stayed in our jammies most of the day and played with all our new toys.  It was the perfect start to a new year.
This little cutie is so fun and such a ham.  He makes me laugh all the time and I could just sit and watch him all day.  I think he is really smart for his age (I know, I'm biased because I'm his mom).  He still mainly says "daddy", it is few and far between when I ever hear "mama."  But he has added lots of other words to his ever growing vocabulary.  "Clocks", "apple", "cracker", and "open" are a few.  Whenever he sees a picture of a train he makes the motion like he is blowing the whistle and says "choo choo".  (He learned that from reading Pano the Train with Grandma!).  He knows that a clock says "tick tock," a cow says "moo," and a sheep says "baa".  He sometimes knows that a duck says "quack quack".  He absolutely loves the "Wheels on the Bus" and all his baby Einstein videos.  Actually, he can turn the TV on and the DVD player on and start a video...funny the things you never teach them, but they still learn!
The "doggies" are still his favorite.  He gets so excited to see them and always goes and checks on them.  If ever they bark he gets a concerned look on his face and goes to find them to make sure they are okay.  And they don't seem to mind him at all because he is always sneaking them food.
Everyday with him is a new adventure and he is learning so much.  I can understand what he wants a lot easier now...like when he touches my hand and blows to tell me that he wants me to blow "bubbles" in the bathtub.  Or when he points under his new puzzle stool to let me know that he wants me to pop out the puzzle so that he can do it again.  Or when he takes his cup to the refrigerator when he is thirsty or when he just wants to fill up ALL his sippy cups.  Or when he pulls with all his might on the freezer door so that he can get a Popsicle.  He is just such an amazing kid and I am so lucky for every minute that I get to spend with him.
Not my greatest pictures, but Kingston looks so cute and I didn't think anyone would be looking at me anyway.

No comments: