January 9-
Where to start...well, I guess at the beginning. At the end of October, I got notice that my (and Kelly's) hours were going to be cut back. We had been slow at the Cancer Center for awhile, but that's just how it is at times. We were needing to reduce our hours from 40 per week to 30. Luckily, they gave us some flexibility in how to do that. Kelly and I took turns taking a day or two off per week.
Financially, it sucked, but I was fortunate enough to have enough PTO to get me to the new year. But, it was so nice to get to spend that time home with Kingston. I have always struggled with having to go back to work and leave Kingston, but this allowed me that time. I so enjoy our days together, visiting daddy at work, walking to the park, extra days at the cabin, or just hanging at home in our PJs all day!
Although, I loved my time off, I knew that I needed to find another job to supplement the lost income. I had applied for a financial job at MSTI, but they had already hired someone. Jonathan kept up on the job postings and in the middle of November, found a few x-ray tech jobs that had been posted. I wasn't super thrilled about going back to x-ray, but it was better than nothing. I applied, interviewed, and got a job. I originally was applying for a part time job, but I got a PRN or flex position. Looking back, I'm really glad it worked out how it did because I get to pick and choose the hours that I want to work.
I started my first day today and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Everything is familiar, but I just have to brush up on the details of the different exams. The last time I worked at St. Lukes was in 2008! The worst part is being away from Kingston. I decided to try and work evenings so that I could still enjoy my time at home with him on my days off.
Update:
I worked 2 nights in a row and by the next morning Kingston was sad for me to leave. When I dropped him off at daycare he said "Mama, no go to work." I told him that I only had to work for a bit and then I would be the one to come pick him up. His reply: "Lets go home right now together." And he had the sweetest look on his face. I told him that we couldn't and his eyes and face just dropped. It broke my heart. I told him that Ms. Suzanne wanted to play for awhile, but after his nap I would come pick him up. He was okay with that but it made me teary walking to the car. When I came to get him he was so excited. He was jumping up and down and saying "my mama here! My mama here!" and he would look out each window as I got closer. When I walked in the door he gave me a big hug and had a huge smile on his face. He knows how to make his mama melt!! (Usually daddy and the truck get all the excitement, but this time was my turn!)

No comments:
Post a Comment