Monday, January 6, 2014

Winter in McCall

December 14-
This was our first trip up to McCall since the snow started, and since we hadn't been up in awhile, we decided to make it a long weekend.
Friday, we didn't get as early of a start as we would have liked, but we did make it up before bed time.  The cabin was warm and cozy and as soon as I walked in the front door I felt relaxed.  There is something about the cabin that just takes away all the stresses.  We settled in for the night and tried to watch a movie, but I don't think I made it past the previews.
Saturday was a pajama day! We didn't plan it that way, but none of us got out of our pajamas all day.  Kingston played with cars and worked on some Christmas projects, Jonathan tinkered around the house, and I did laundry. Even the dogs just lounged around all day.
Kingston enjoyed the bunkbeds and even took a nap on the top bunk!
 
Sunday we decided we needed to be more productive. We had waffles for breakfast (Kingston's favorite) and then got all dressed up to play in the snow.

There wasn't near the amount of snow that we were expecting, but we still managed to have lots of fun.

 It was perfect snow for making a snow man!  We hadn't ever made one before with Kingston but he knew just what to do.  He knew we needed a scarf and stones...I'm not sure where he learned that!
He helped me roll the balls for the snowman's body and he was so excited to see it come together.  Our top ball was a little bit irregular and had a snout.  Kingston thought it looked like Barney, but we ended up turning it into a bunny.

 
Even Barney had fun rolling in the snow!

We made a sledding hill and Kingston loved that.  I was a little unsteady on the sled and had to bail out a few times but the boys made it all the way to the bottom with no problems.
 
After all that playing we were exhausted.  Kingston took a nap while Jonathan and I rested and watched the snow fall. Once we were all up, we headed to town for a few supplies.  We stopped on the way to pick up a pizza and ice cream and ended up at Grandpa Dan's house for dinner.  Kingston got right to playing and knew exactly where to find his red car (on top of the TV stand).  He kept us all entertained driving that car around and making bridges and tunnels. And he wanted to try on Daddy's sweatshirt before we left.
Monday, we went back to town because we forgot ornament hooks.  We also thought we would warm up with coffee and hot chocolate at Moxie.  Kingston had so much fun playing with a basket of toys and eating his whipped cream!

We walked across the street to look at the lake.  It wasn't frozen but it looked cold.
Our final stop was the Pancake House for a cinnamon roll and then back to the cabin.  Kingston helped me put up the tree and decorate it.  I think we did a pretty good job. Jonathan stayed busy changing the batteries in the smoke detectors and before we knew it, it was getting dark and time for us to leave.
Kingston and I did enjoy a popsicle on the deck before loading up in the car.
It's always so hard to leave.  We have so many great memories and now Kingston gets really excited when we are going to the cabin...he knows exactly where that is!  Until next time!

No comments: