Our days at the cabin are getting more limited now that my due date is fast approaching. I'm not sure if this will be our last time or if we will be able to squeeze in one more this month. I think we have lots to do at home to still get ready, but Jonathan thinks we can get it all done!
The drive up and back is definitely getting difficult for me. This time I rode in the backseat with Kingston and that was better for me to be able to lay down and stretch my legs a bit. Luckily, Kingston fell asleep too, otherwise, he can talk your ear off!
We didn't get too late of a start, but it gets dark so quickly that it feels late. We turned the heaters on and it wasn't long before the cabin was warm and cozy. I turned in early, but the boys enjoyed some of Jonathan's old toys and built cars and spaceships from his "Connectz." It is funny to listen to them because Kingston doesn't get really interested in it until Jonathan builds something cool and then he wants to add on these other pieces, but Jonathan doesn't want to mess up what he is doing.
Saturday, we all slept in and then had French toast for breakfast. It was a relaxing morning and we had no agenda (or projects!). Kingston loves taking a bath up here in the big Jacuzzi tub with bubbles so we probably spent an hour in there while I got ready for the day.
Then, him and I got some snacks and watched the new "Planes: Fire and Rescue" movie. I got a chance to work on my blog during the movie and catch up on a few things. Kingston took this great picture of me!
We had lunch and then the boys bundled up and headed outside to do a few things. I opted to stay inside the cozy cabin!
After dinner we headed into town to met Grandpa Dan for the hockey game. We sat right next to the glass and got to see lots of action. Kingston had lots of fun and he even got to go on the ice and help pick up pucks. He loved that. It was so cute to see him try and "run". He fell a couple times but just got right back up.
Kingston somehow managed to stay awake the whole way home, but it didn't take much for him to fall asleep once we got back to the cabin.
Sunday, I got an early start on cleaning up while the boys slept in for a bit. Then we spent the day cleaning up, picking up, and winterizing. It rained most of the day, which made Jonathan's work even harder. We wanted to stop for milkshakes, but we didn't make it in time and had to have slushies from the gas station instead!







No comments:
Post a Comment