October 29-
I think I was the most excited about carving pumpkins. Kingston liked the idea of it and for the weeks leading up to it, he enjoyed rolling the little pumpkins down the driveway. I washed all the pumpkins and got them ready for carving day. Kingston did enjoy all the little tools, but banished Jonathan and I to the bent ones.
This was Kingston's first solo attempt at carving. Appears more like getting all the tools into the pumpkin. I told him that as soon as daddy got home, he would show us how it's done.
Neither of the guys were into getting their hands dirty, so that left mom to "gut" all the pumpkins. They did think getting out the power tools was pretty funny!
Jonathan is too artistic for us, and ended up working into the wee hours of the night to finish his Transformer pumpkin. Kingston loves it so I would say it was worth it, but he also loved the pumpkin I made with a big "K"! Kingston and I ended up carving the other 4 pumpkins. I tried to put eyelashes on one pumpkin, but Kingston thought they looked like hands so he ended up cutting them off. That was kind of the theme of the night....no interest until mommy carved something and then he wanted to change it. Oh, well, we still had a great time and are pumpkins turned out pretty good!

No comments:
Post a Comment