Saturday, November 29, 2014

Getting closer

November 30-
Just 2 weeks left...I never made it this far with Kingston so I'm not used to all this waiting.  We are a little more prepared in some ways...the car seat is installed, our bags are packed in the car, and the bottles are washed and ready.  However, our house is still "in progress" getting everything back after the carpet stretching and cleaning.  We have been organizing as we go and now that the baby has a room, we had to find places for all that stuff to go.  So, we are getting there, but could definitely use a few more days.  And, we still don't have a name.
Physically, I'm more than ready to have this little girl!  My feet are probably my biggest obstacle right now. They are so swollen that it makes my skin and joints hurt.  By the end of the day, the swelling extends up my calves to my knees.  The only shoes that fit are my furry crocs and they are not that fashionable. 
 
I'm also having trouble sleeping.  These last few day I've been itchy and it wakes me up at night with my feet and hands itching like crazy.  I haven't had quite as intense contractions as last week, but they are still happening.  I also have a lot of pressure in my pelvis and it hurts to cough or laugh really hard.  Our doctors appointments have been good.  I'm now dilated to 2 cm so things are moving along and I've gained 23 lbs.  Her heart rate is strong and she has dropped down into the right position. Trying to make the best of it, but I'm ready! 
I did get to go and visit Alyssa who could share in all the heartache.  She just has a few days left until her scheduled c-section (December 3) and I'm a little jealous she has an end date!  It has been really fun to share this experience with someone so close.
 

No comments: