Today was my first day at my new job. It was been quite the process with lots of ups and downs, but I think it is all going to work out. I applied for the job in the beginning of July and then flew to Spokane at the end of the month for an interview. From there, it was just a waiting game. Apparently there were some issues with contracts and I was just on hold. Finally, in October, I got the go ahead that the job was mine and when could I start!
I still do radiation therapy, but I work for a company called Advanced Rad Solutions that comes into dermatologist's offices with a specialized machine that just treats basal and squamous cell skin cancers. This will be the first machine in Idaho so it will be interesting to see it grow from the ground up. The company is relatively new and started about 5 years ago, but they seem to be growing exponentially so hopefully that works out well for me. Originally, there was just going to be one dermatologists office here, but in the time it took to sort out all the paperwork, 2 more have since been added. Which means I will be busier than I thought, going to 3 different clinics and transporting the machine. But the treatments are only 2 days a week so I should still have one day off that I can spend at home.
The company has been pretty good about my pregnancy. They had no idea until about a week ago, but they said I can take my time coming back and we will just resume my training then; although, I'm getting the hang of it pretty quickly. The treatments are pretty easy, it's just all the paperwork and charting that takes up time, but I can do that at home if I want.
It's both nerve wracking and exciting, but so far I'm enjoying learning the new system and am excited to make it my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment