June 27-
I can't believe that were finished (well, almost finished) with the fence!!
We met Zac and Emily up at the cabin on Friday night. We didn't do much, just relaxed, chatted, and went and looked at Joan and Cam's newest purchase (more on that to come later, but it is AMAZING!!).
Saturday, we got a late start, but a good breakfast. Zac and Jonathan started in on the fence while Emily and I got breakfast cleaned up. The guys got the rest of the fence posts set and even started in on the wire. We had a few hangups like the the foundation was poured where we wanted a fence post, but we figured it all out.
Emily and I made sandwiches and fruit for lunch. Then, around 4:00 Jonathan came up with a great project for Emily and I. We put fabric down around the fire pit and then shoveled rock over it...and we did all this in the peak heat of the day!!! 

I think we did a great job and it looks really nice. We even brought over some logs to sit on around the firepit. Then, we had tacos for dinner and some wine. We had intentions to make smores around the fire, but in the end, we were all too tired!!
Sunday, proved to be a much more productive day. The guys got an earlier start and finished the wire.
Emily and I made sandwiches again for lunch. Then it was time to hang the gates!! Jonathan and Zac got two gates hung before it was time for Zac and Emily to head back. But lucky for us, Dan dropped by and we had his expertise in putting the rest of the gates up.
No comments:
Post a Comment