Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Zayden's 1st Birthday

June 21-
We had a great evening celebrating Zayden's 1st Birthday!! Time definitely flies!! The hot new toy was a swing set. It was fun watching Emily slide down the slide....but Zayden was good sport. We followed with a rousing game of tag with Brylee. Somehow Jonathan always gets out of the games, yet Emily and I always end up playing. And there are so many rules!!

Then we had a burgers for dinner!! Brylee made sure there were enough hats for everyone and she made double sure that everyone had them on for the whole time!! Jonathan even had three hats on at once!

Zayden even let us grab a few pictures of him in his hat before he pulled it off. We sang Happy Birthday and then big-sis Brylee helped blow out the candle.

Brylee and I were supposed to take a funny face photo followed by a smiling photo, but she tricked me and I never got a smiling picture.

Zayden opened up all his presents!!

Then, everyone starting playing ball in the yard. Monica and Rob have a huge yard perfect for playing. The boys played football and Emily and Monica played volleyball...all while Zayden sat in the middle of the yard. And Brylee and I stayed busy in her "house" which was an open space under the swingset. And then somehow, I ended up being her "dog". I chased her around the yard, she took me on walks, fed me, watered me, and gave me treats. She even showed me off to her friends and family who all got a turn at "petting me". Although, I did run away one time!!! I don't know how she is so convincing to get us to do all those silly things. She even had everyone put on their party hats while playing ball....and they did it!
There was a lot of smiling and laughing the whole night!!
Happy Birthday Zayden!!!

No comments: