Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our first day of Vacation!!

June 28-
Today is officially, our first day of vacation!! Jonathan, the boys, and I are spending a week at the cabin in McCall!! We slept in and had a relaxing morning. Then, Jonathan went to the home inspection at the Daggett/Truxal Estate leaving me with the boys. Well, with the wonderful new fence, I didn't even have to put their collars on!! I just let them out the back door and they could hang out in the yard. After lunch, we went for a walk to find wildflowers!! The mosquitoes were out and we finally had to give in and head back to the house, but we ended up with a nice bouquet!

Then, it was time for a nap. It was in the high 70's and the boys were hot and tired. They really enjoyed laying on the hard wood floors. Jonathan got back and he decided to go fishing so we all tagged along for a walk to the river. We bought some bugspray, but it didn't work at all. The walk to the river was through some marshy areas and long grasses. Tucker had to face his fear and swim/hop across the stream. They love running in the wide open spaces!!! Jonathan was unsuccessful fly fishing, but switched to a rod and caught a fish on the first cast!!
We finally couldn't take the mosquitoes anymore, and we headed back to the cabin. Just as we reached the back door, a storm blew in. It was crazy windy and the aspens were swaying. The power went out and the dogs didn't like the storm so we sat in the bedroom. Jonathan was in the shower when the power went out and the well needs power so he had a less than desirable shower! There was big thud and the house shook...I thought it was thunder, but later realized one of the aspen trees in the backyard had fallen.


We were so lucky...it fell from one end of the fence to the other, but didn't quite reach either side. It also fell right between the fire pit and the septic tank, missing them both!!
I was amazed at the big root ball it pulled up. I can't believe the wind can be so powerful!!
We had a crock pot roast for dinner....thank goodness it had cooked all day before the power outage, and we ate by candle light and flash light. I thought for sure the power would come on at any minute, but we ended up going to bed with no power. Hopefully, this means our vacation can only get better!!

No comments: