Wow! 1 month old already. I feel like she is still the tiny little newborn that I brought home, but everyone else says she is growing. When I put her in this cute little dress for the pictures, I really had to work to get it on, so I guess she is getting bigger.
We are still trying to figure out this little cutie, but I think we are getting there. And she is still trying to figure out everything! When she is awake, she is so alert and her eyes are taking it all in.
She loves to just lay on the floor and look around. Right now, she has 3 or 4 awake periods during the day that last anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes. She prefers to be naked and kicks her legs and wiggles her arms. I love when she does this! She also makes cute little faces. My favorite is the "O". Her favorite is sticking her tongue out! And I almost got a smile! I can tell she is close and I'm so ready for a big gummy grin.
She loves music and is starting to be aware of the toys on her bouncer and the sounds they make. She likes singing and although I'm not good, she doesn't seem to mind my voice...she might even enjoy it. Kingston and I do a really good rendition of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star".
Julienna is sleeping in her crib at night! I thought for awhile that she had reflux, but that has since passed and she does just fine laying flat. She seems so tiny in that big crib, She sleeps in 3-4 hour stretches, so it is manageable. And for the most part she goes right back to sleep after eating. She is usually up for the day around 9.
We just started tummy time to strengthen her neck. She actually does pretty well holding her head up, but she can't lift it so this should help. She doesn't mind it too much as long as she doesn't have to do it too long.
She still loves movement. If I'm holding her, than I'm bouncing her. To make it easier on myself, I started putting her in the baby bjorn so that I could walk around and get stuff done. I can even vacuum with her like that, and it usually puts her to sleep.
We are still trying to figure out this little cutie, but I think we are getting there. And she is still trying to figure out everything! When she is awake, she is so alert and her eyes are taking it all in.
She loves to just lay on the floor and look around. Right now, she has 3 or 4 awake periods during the day that last anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes. She prefers to be naked and kicks her legs and wiggles her arms. I love when she does this! She also makes cute little faces. My favorite is the "O". Her favorite is sticking her tongue out! And I almost got a smile! I can tell she is close and I'm so ready for a big gummy grin.
She loves music and is starting to be aware of the toys on her bouncer and the sounds they make. She likes singing and although I'm not good, she doesn't seem to mind my voice...she might even enjoy it. Kingston and I do a really good rendition of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star".
Julienna is sleeping in her crib at night! I thought for awhile that she had reflux, but that has since passed and she does just fine laying flat. She seems so tiny in that big crib, She sleeps in 3-4 hour stretches, so it is manageable. And for the most part she goes right back to sleep after eating. She is usually up for the day around 9.
We just started tummy time to strengthen her neck. She actually does pretty well holding her head up, but she can't lift it so this should help. She doesn't mind it too much as long as she doesn't have to do it too long.
She still loves movement. If I'm holding her, than I'm bouncing her. To make it easier on myself, I started putting her in the baby bjorn so that I could walk around and get stuff done. I can even vacuum with her like that, and it usually puts her to sleep.
Still not having much luck with the binky. She will take it every once in awhile, but she usually just spits it right back out.
Kingston is introducing her to all of his toys. The mornings we are home together we usually end up in her room with transformers scattered all over her rug. She doesn't seem to mind and at least he is sharing. He still loves to hold her and talk to her. He always wants her to be awake, but I have to remind him that Julienna (and mommy) need to sleep sometimes!
Julienna still loves her baths. She cries when I pour water on her head, so I save that till the very end.
Even though we have some rough days, I can't imagine life without this little girl! I just love watching her grow up and take in the world around her. I'm excited to see her personality develop and find out how tolerant she can be of her 'big brother'. I'm pretty lucky to have him around because he is really helpful. He managed to get this picture of the two of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment