Wednesday, January 28, 2015

First Day Back

January 5-
Back to work already!  I wasn't really sure how much time I would take off, but no matter the amount, it is never enough!
However, 4 weeks, was really not enough!  There were tears the first day, but it has gotten better. Based on how my work is, I thought it would be most beneficial to go back on that day.  That is the day that patients have their consultation and first treatment.  I hadn't seen that part of the process yet, so I was anxious to put the whole process together.  Also, only one clinic had patients so it would mean short days for me.  I was thinking that would be easier than being thrown in, and besides the first day, I was right.
I think the first day was so hard because I didn't really know what to expect...or I had expectations and they were different.  None-the-less, it was a long day, I pumped twice in the car, ate on the go, and ended up having to take work home with me.  I lost it on the way home, thinking how I sent my tiny little newborn baby to daycare.  But once I picked her up, I was reassured that she was okay and everything would be fine.  She had a great day at Ms. Suzannes, slept great, took a bottle, no issues.  I feel really comfortable with her there since Kingston has been going for 3 1/2 years, and I gave him special instructions to watch out for his sister! (I did make Jonathan do the drop off, so at least I was spared tears in the morning!)
And, in the end, it has all worked out.  That first day was rough, but my days since then have been pretty easy.  It worked out well this month with just the one clinic and most weeks I only worked 2 days (and they weren't even full days). It gave me time at home with both kids and also 1 day at home with just Julienna.
I picked up right where I left off and after the first week, they set me free and sent the trainer home. That has been really nice.  Now, I can just figure things out and find my own routines.
This was my first day back with my new Christmas boots!

No comments: