Saturday, January 10, 2015

A Trip to the Mall

December 18-
I'm so lucky to have a great friend like Joy, or as Kingston calls her, Auntie Joy.  She spent her day off with me and 2 kids at the mall just a few weeks before Christmas!  Not exactly a relaxing day off.
She came over in the morning and held Julienna and helped Kingston get dressed while I showered and got ready.  Then she loaded up Kingston in her car...of course he would rather go with Auntie Joy than with mommy!
She took both the kids when we got to the mall and let me do some solo shopping.  Julienna slept, but Kingston kept her busy playing transformers in the play area. I was able to finish up my Christmas shopping and get Julienna a new dress for Christmas Eve service.
Then, we took Kingston to Build-a-Bear and he picked out a pink teddy bear to give Julienna for Christmas. He helped stuff it and picked out a heart to place inside before it got sewed up. He was so proud!  He picked one that has a little heart beat sound.
He washed the bear, fluffed up her fur, and named her.  "Bear", very original!
He can't wait to give this special pink bear to his favorite sister!
 
Joy helped me load the kids into my car and it wasn't long before they were both fast asleep.  So grateful for Joy's help in braving the mall.  I couldn't have done it without her!

No comments: